Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher, teaching yoga since 1995.
C-IYAT Certified Yoga Therapist certified by the International Association of Yoga Therapists
Nancy loves sharing a yoga practice which encourages people to wake to life cultivating joy, acceptance and friendliness to themselves and others.
Op-Eds Published in Scarsdale Inquirer
Currently teaching at:
- Iyengar Yoga Scarsdale
- Greenwich Arts Center
- Volunteer Teacher: Gilda's Club, White Plains (restorative yoga & meditation)
- Volunteer Teacher: Sterling House — Mental Health Association of Westchester
Ongoing study with senior Iyengar teachers Manuso Manos, Patricia Walden, Lois Steinberg and James Murphy.
Periodic Study at Iyengar Institute in Pune, India for 5 summers.
Certified in Yamuna Body Rolling in 2005.
Taught yoga at:
Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville New York
Scarsdale Yoga Studios
- Scarsdale Adult School
- Manhattanville College Dance/Theater Department
- Be True Yoga Scarsdale
- Wainwright House Rye
- Westchester Yoga Arts New Rochelle
- Assisted teaching special needs (medical therapeutics) class at the Iyengar Institute in New York City
- Workshops at Yoga Haven in Eastchester,
Scarsdale Public Schools: after school Elementary and Middle school programs, and through the Counseling Program at Scarsdale High School
- Temple Israel Nursery summer program
- Taught dance movement at JCC of Mid-Westchester
- Taught dance and improvisation to kids and adults in N.Y.C. at various locations
- Worked as a dance therapist for N.Y.C. Board of Education and various treatment centers in N.Y.C.
- Studied and practiced meditation with Tibetan Buddhist lama and community of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche in the mid-70s.
- Ongoing meditation practice and retreats including Pema Chodron's Gampo Abbey in Nova Scotia, Canada
One gains moral and emotional strength by perfecting friendliness and other virtues (compassion, joy, equanimity) towards one and all.
Sutra III.24 Maitryadisu Balani
"The Yoga Sutras"